Wednesday 28 September 2016

Lighting observation #1

My favorite shot I took for the picture project was of a sparkler. When I started thinking about what to do for an abstract picture, I immediately thought of sparklers because the let off such a bright burst of concentrated light and I thought it would be fun to capture that in a weird way.
The final shot shows one globe of light at the center with multiple flecks of light pushing out from it. I love the contrast between the lines of light and the dark background. There are spots where the light blurs into a gray that melts into the background, but other spots have clear borders between the sparks and the background.
You can also see how the light from the sparkler casts an area of light on the deck posts behind it. There are areas of bright white and, around this area, shadows of varying grays.

No comments:

Post a Comment