Wednesday 21 September 2016

In response to Assignment 1b

I felt like the majority of the assignment relied on experimentation. I'm not sure if that's just what the essence of sound design is or if it was because I'm so unfamiliar with the process of it. Either way, I thought it was fun to dig through the different sounds and see what we could turn them into either by using effects or by changing their context.
I feel like the context of the sounds was ultimately the most important part of constructing the soundscape. Not only did dialogue taken out of context change the situation, but taking things such as a checkout beep and combining it with other sounds made our minds jump to the image of a heartbeat.
I liked that when we created our soundscape we were able to build a sense of differing space based on ambient noises. It made the final project really interesting because it seemed to jump from place to place but it was easy for my brain to follow the progression.

No comments:

Post a Comment