Wednesday 12 October 2016

In response to "From Art House to 'Microcinema'"

I think it's interesting to read about the community at the heart of small films. While in the beginning of the reading, it seemed to me like the author was simply complaining that all the small theaters had gone big, as I continued, it became evident that what they were missing wasn't the structure of a small theater with obscure films, but was more along the lines of the sense of togetherness and art that was brought on my art house film screenings.
I do like the idea of small gatherings, not quite festivals, for unknown films that have a harder time marketing themselves and making it into the large movie complexes. I think it provides a space for artists to experiment, which is an extremely important aspect of creating art. While the mega movie complexes still have their place in film, I think it's definitely worth the effort to try and keep the vibe from art house cinema and "microcinema" alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment